I've been so so so busy this month. Work has been busy. My guys have not totally been themselves. There has been a lot going on at church too. There has been a birthday or anniversary almost every weekend since March. This girl has been busy.
On top of all that, I've been working on my biggest project yet. A prom dress for my nephew's girlfriend. She is so sweet and tiny. He really wanted her to look beautiful so the pressure was on. His mom and I went to JoAnn's to find fabric and ran across a beautiful fabric embellished with fabric flowers. From that, the idea was born. We left JoAnn's with an invisible zipper, thread, and 5.5 yards of fabric:
- 2 yards of satin
- 2 yards of lining
- 1.5 yards of the embellished fabric
- Modified the Sleeveless Sheath pattern (Make Your Own Clothes by Marie Clayton) to create the lined bodice
- Added boning to the lining of the bodice(first time)
- Added an invisible zipper (first time)
- Created a belt and hand stitched an embellishment on it
- Used the gathered skirt tutorial to create the bell of the dress
I was glad to be able to help make their night magical for $60. We should always share our gifts with others.