Hi! I'm squeezing in posts between feedings and naps. School is about to start and I'm about to go back to work so 1 post a week will be all I can share. I'm going share one of the first projects I did for Baby Z's room - a mobile. While searching for nursery ideas, I found the inspiration picture below. I loved the colors and simplicity. The mobile really caught my eye and pinned it. When I decided on a theme, I added a personal touch tot he mobile. I think it is really cute.
|Inspiration Room||My Mobile|
Here's what you need:
Here are the steps:
|What I Used|
- Paint the embroidery hoops with your paint acrylic paint. Set them aside to dry. It may take multiple coats.
- Create a template for each shape you will use in the mobile. I found coloring sheets online that matched the theme. I compiled them in PowerPoint. I also created a 2" circle. Print and cut out your templates.
- Trace the templates on your card stock. Then, cut out your shapes.
- Line the shapes up the way you want.
- Punch holes into the shapes with the needle. Attach the shapes vertically using the jump rings. Repeat for each ribbon of shapes.
- Hot glue each ribbon of shapes to the dry embroidery hoops.
- Attach the smaller embroidery hoop below the larger one using yarn.
- Attach more yarn to the top hoop. Cut the yarn to the desired length to hang.
Unfortunately, I don't have a Silhouette so it took me about 2.5 hours. Silhouette users can probably cut that time in half. If you do this project using a Silhouette, please let us know how long it took you.