Skip to main content

Sew with Me: Mom, You're the Best

Hey Loves!

I sew loves my babies.  So I couldn't resist buying them this cool knit Marvel heroes material...especially since it was on the $3.47 and below spot the bolt table before Hancock started the going out of business sale. That's a sad story in itself.  

Any way,  I had no idea what I would make other than pjs.  They have plenty of those so that wasn't really an option.  Last night,  I got frustrated with the idea of my potty training champion only having 5 pairs of underwear.  We threw away many pairs during the potty training struggle.  This caused us to have to wash his clothes more frequently than every 7 days. I didn't want to go to the store either.  Then, my mind said "If I can make underwear, why buy it?" That's all the motivation I needed!

Off to Internet land for help.  Landed on Craftsy and found the MBJM Speedy Pants pattern.   It's a PDF pattern for briefs and boxer briefs from sizes 6 months to 12 years.  I made the briefs in size 2 years.  The first pair took 2 hours because I had to read the pattern over and over,  piece the pattern together, and over analyze the whole process.  But, the second pair only took 30 minutes.  This pattern is so easy and quick.  They fit the little guy perfectly.   Oh and they are super cute. I'll be making the boxer briefs, too.



My baby made me feel so good about making these.   When he realized what I was making,  he said,  "Mom, are you making me underwear?  That's awesome Mom.  You're the best!" So, you better believe Mom is looking for more cute fabrics to make this cute little undies.   Ummmm... how many pair are too many?

Until next time,  Smooches!



Post a Comment

What's Hot Here?

Congratulations Are In Order, Part 1: DIY Wedding Gift

This past weekend my big little guy was in a wedding. I love weddings so I was very excited. The four of us (and all the bags) piled in the Tahoe for the road trip. It was quite the adventure, but it was worth every minute.

Back to what you came here for the DIY project.

One night while searching Pinterest, I found this really cool print:
I thought it would be a great gift for a couple.  I even thought it would be for my bedroom (I'm seriously considering making one for us).  So, when I was thinking of the perfect gift for this wedding, my mind immediately went back to this idea.

I thought about how I could make this idea my own.  I came up with this: I took this before I decided to add the year they were married to the center top.

Here's what I used:Frame & Mat:  I was prepared to make my own mat, but I found a frame that included the perfect mat  for 3 5" by 7" prints at Ross.Map: You can buy an atlas or map.  OR You can do like me.  I used Google maps t…

Sew with Me: White Out

Hey Loves! It's been a minute! I've missed you guys!  I wanted to share a recent design with you guys.  The client asked for a simple, cute,  fun dress.  I showed her a few patterns and she chose two we should combine. Then, we journeyed to one of my favorite spots, Hancock Fabrics, to search for fabric. We were all white but spotted this border fabric and couldn't leave it.   It didn't hurt that it was 75% off.  I left there wroth matching orders to make something great. While studying the patterns, I thought about my client.  She's shapely and always well supported with a good foundation. Her dress should have a good foundation especially since it's a halter.   I remembered Simplicity 3823 incorporated boning in the bodice.  It was the same style, and with some small modifications, it would be great.   Well after a few hours, a broken needles, and uncooperative machine, it was all done.   I think it turned out great.   She looks amazing wearing it!   Don&…

Mobile: Going Places

Hi! I'm squeezing in posts between feedings and naps. School is about to start and I'm about to go back to work so 1 post a week will be all I can share. I'm going share one of the first projects I did for Baby Z's room - a mobile. While searching for nursery ideas, I found the inspiration picture below.  I loved the colors and simplicity.  The mobile really caught my eye and pinned it.  When I decided on a theme, I added a personal touch tot he mobile.  I think it is really cute.


Here's what you need:
Card Stock2 Embroidery Hoops (I used 9" & 7".)ScissorsHot Glue Gun & SticksAcrylic PaintYarn (Fishing line can also be used.)Jump RingsNeedleComputer & Printer Here are the steps:
Paint the embroidery hoops with your paint acrylic paint.  Set them aside to dry. It may take multiple coats. Create a template for each shape you will use in the mobile.  I found coloring sheets online that matched the theme. I compiled them in PowerPoint. I also create…