I'm in love with New Look A6291. It's a great beginner pattern for cute trendy fashions. Here's my version of view B and my pattern review.
New Look A6291 Pattern Review
- Pattern Description: Easy, Fun, and Flirty Romper
- Pattern Sizing: The pattern is sized for misses sizes 4-16. I used 16. I would normally buy size 10 or 12.
- Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It looked very similar to the picture minus my alterations.
- Were the instructions easy to follow? The directions were written without a lot of high level sewing jargon. I found steps 15 & 16 a little confusing. I think the steps are mixed up. I followed the steps but had to rip the seams and try again.
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I don't like the directions for assembling the bottoms.
- Fabric Used: I used a polyester challis. The fabric was navy with white and baby blue butterflies.
- Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did not use bias tape, but I used scraps from this fabric. I also omitted the pockets and shoulder straps.
- Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I love the outcome. It's really cute and fun. I plan to make one of each view.
- Conclusion: The pattern is labeled easy. I totally agree. This was an easy pattern. It's good for beginners. Trust me! I'm a beginner and I made it through. You can do it too.
You can also view my pattern reviews on PatternReview.com via the My Pattern Reviews tab on the right.
Until next time, SMOOCHES!