Skip to main content

Vacation Wardrobe

Hey Loves! 

I'm fresh off a great girls' trip.  We thoroughly enjoyed our time away from the kids and the hubbies. The beach was so relaxing and the views were breathtaking. 

The best part of the trip was stepping out with my sister and friend.  We were all wearing something designed by me.  We all looked good too. 

Thanks to tutorials I found on YouTube by Meesha (may she rest in peace) I was able to create these three looks.

Here are links to the tutorials:
Batwing Dress - http://youtu.be/AnzFrngsxoc
Peplum (skirt & top) - modified, http://youtu.be/WqRC74lonlo

We felt good.  We looked good.  We had a great time!  Check us out!


I'm beat but I'm ready for the next one!

Smooches,


Post a Comment

What's Hot Here?

Congratulations Are In Order, Part 1: DIY Wedding Gift

This past weekend my big little guy was in a wedding. I love weddings so I was very excited. The four of us (and all the bags) piled in the Tahoe for the road trip. It was quite the adventure, but it was worth every minute.

Back to what you came here for the DIY project.

One night while searching Pinterest, I found this really cool print:
I thought it would be a great gift for a couple.  I even thought it would be for my bedroom (I'm seriously considering making one for us).  So, when I was thinking of the perfect gift for this wedding, my mind immediately went back to this idea.

I thought about how I could make this idea my own.  I came up with this: I took this before I decided to add the year they were married to the center top.

Here's what I used: Frame & Mat:  I was prepared to make my own mat, but I found a frame that included the perfect mat  for 3 5" by 7" prints at Ross.Map: You can buy an atlas or map.  OR You can do like me.  I used Google maps t…

Sew with Me: White Out

Hey Loves! It's been a minute! I've missed you guys!  I wanted to share a recent design with you guys.  The client asked for a simple, cute,  fun dress.  I showed her a few patterns and she chose two we should combine. Then, we journeyed to one of my favorite spots, Hancock Fabrics, to search for fabric. We were all white but spotted this border fabric and couldn't leave it.   It didn't hurt that it was 75% off.  I left there wroth matching orders to make something great. While studying the patterns, I thought about my client.  She's shapely and always well supported with a good foundation. Her dress should have a good foundation especially since it's a halter.   I remembered Simplicity 3823 incorporated boning in the bodice.  It was the same style, and with some small modifications, it would be great.   Well after a few hours, a broken needles, and uncooperative machine, it was all done.   I think it turned out great.   She looks amazing wearing it!   Don&…

Sew with Me: Bringing Baby Home

Hi Loves!
I'm late with last week's post. I wasn't able to make anything new for myself, but I plan to this week. 
This week's post is dedicated to my baby boy. He's getting so big. Time is flying!
I like a good surprise, but it took me a while to get accustomed to the idea of having a 3rd child. It took me a while to get excited.  It took me a while to be all in this time.  BUT, when I got it together, I was in full mommy mode and I made his going home outfit. 
I love this little set.  It's cute and simple.  Most importantly,  I made it.  The little guy left the hospital in a blanket, a romper,  and cloth shoes made by mommy. 
The little blanket is my favorite.   It has his initial in the pattern.  It was really easy to piece together.  
I found the patterns for the shoes and romper on Pinterest. I was pleasantly surprised by how cute they were and how well they came together.
The plaid fabric was from Hancock.  The blue and red fabric were from my stash.…