I've been really, really busy and neglecting my blog. I missed it but I had lots of really important things going on.
So, what did I do? My coworker will have a new baby boy soon. He's an Alabama alum and a huge Bama football fan. So I thought I'd try this idea I saw on Pinterest, http://www.happytogethercreates.com/2011/10/cozy-football-blanket-pattern-free.html?m=1.
I didn't use the pattern provided because I thought I could free hand the cut - not such a good idea. The shape looks awkward but the love is there. I hope they like it.
Here's what I used:
* .8 yards of brown fleece
* .8 yards of official University of Alabama fabric
* 6" white ribbon
* Sewing machine
* Needle & thread (for hand stitching)
Here's what I did:
* Folded the fabric in half
* Folded the fabric in half again
* Cut the shape (not so successful)
* Pinned fabric with right sides facing
* Sewed with. 25" seam (leave 3.5" area not sewn)
* Turned fabric right side out
*Sewed around the shape with a .5" seam
* Hand stitched the white ribbon the brown fleece only
ALL DONE AND WRAPPED UP
Time: 45 minutes